Lulu recently did a complete redesign of its website, leading to a number of lingering technical problems, so I decided to move the print-on-demand version of Tricube Tales to DriveThruRPG. This required a full redesign of the print-ready files, and so I decided I might as well take the opportunity to incorporate the feedback I've received over the last 6-7 months (the previous version was published in February). By expanding the page count (from 52 to 59), I was also able to eliminate the blank pages at the end of the book.
The PDF versions of Tricube Tales have also been updated to version 4, and they can be downloaded as usual from the product page here. As always, you can download the full phone PDF for free by clicking on the Publisher Preview.
Aside from a few minor cosmetic tweaks (and updating the credits and contents), here are the changes:
- Rephrased the "Recovery" section to include an example.
- Added sections for "Opposed Challenges" and "NPC Confrontations", covering PC-vs-PC and NPC-vs-NPC situations respectively.
- Switched around "Combat Styles" and "Examples" on page 28, as I think it makes more sense for the examples to come first.
- Rephrased "Another Perspective" to hopefully make it clearer when you need to spend karma.
- Added new sections on "Assisting Allies" and "Stacking Perks", to give some further clarity on the usage of perks.
- Updated "Superheroes" to reference limitations, and added another page for "Power Limitations".
- Added a "Supernaturals" section (originally posted here on my blog).
- Added a couple more example vehicles (exploratory starship and battle tank).
- The PoD version of the book now has a description on the back cover.