Tuesday 23 August 2016

Mutation Deck Now Available

Last month I discussed Just Insert Imagination's upcoming Mutation Deck, which was my latest freelance project. You can read more about it here.

Well, the deck is now available for sale! You can buy it here.

The Mutation Deck is a 4-Joker Action Deck, but each card also includes rules for beneficial and detrimental mutations. The deck comes with 3 new Setting Rules, 6 new Edges and 1 new Hindrance.

The original purpose of the deck was to allow players to design FFF mutants during character creation, however the deck can also be used for chaos spell trappings, random aliens and monsters, and so on. And because it doubles up as a thematic Action Deck, the Game Master doesn't need to carry an extra deck of cards to the game.

It was quite a challenge thinking up 156 mutation abilities for the cards, but I'm really proud of the way it turned out, and I hope others find it useful for their games! I think I've done Eric's original mutation deck idea justice, and Morne's artwork is a perfect thematic fit!

I also plan to reference the Mutation Deck in my upcoming Saga of the Goblin Horde setting, as the goblins are described as being frequently prone to unusual mutations; the cards should complement the setting perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment